Friday, September 23, 2011

Civil War exhibit opening in Beaufort, NC

Catch up - yes, that's what I've been doing a lot of lately and I've finally gotten around to the blog. Sorry to keep you all waiting for new material, but I think my head may have just stopped spinning. Tomorrow I will be in Beaufort at the NC Maritime Museum; my wife is the curator for the museum's Civil War Sesquicentennial exhibit which opens tomorrow. There will be a lecture by Dr. Judkin Browning at 3 p.m. followed by a reception from 4-6 p.m. If you aren't busy tomorrow and you are in ENC, come on down to Beaufort and check out the new exhibit. This event kicks off a year of Civil War events at the museum, which will include a speaker series (one lecture a month from now until next September) and a living history program to commemorate the 150th anniversary of the occupation of Beaufort in late March 2012. Kudos to my wonderful wife Lori, for putting together all of these activities!

No comments: