Thursday, September 23, 2010

Signature Conference in VA Tomorrow

First, I owe apologies to all of you since this is my first post in over a month. Seems I got a little slack in late August and early September. There really wasn't a whole lot going on to talk about, but I'll do another post to update everyone on a few things.

However, tomorrow is the day. Virginia's second Sesquicentennial of the Civil War Signature Conference will take place at Norfolk State University. The boss and I are leaving at the ever-popular "oh dark thirty" to get up there, and we will be met by a slightly larger contingent from the state archives in Raleigh. I'll be honest, I'm looking forward more to the second half of the conference than the first half, but the whole thing is chock full of renowned historians. Yes, tomorrow I will be in the presence of greatness. Should be a lot of fun, and I'm hoping to run into some old friends from Virginia while I'm there.

No comments: