Saturday, March 27, 2010

The Big One is Over (and I'm finally caught up)

The 145th anniversary of the Battle of Bentonville turned out to be bigger than any of us expected. About 3,700 reenactors participated in the event and the weekend's visitation total was approximately 50,000 people. All in all the program went very well and for those of you who are friends with me on Facebook, you'll be able to see a link to the Raleigh News & Observer's photo collection, featuring over 100 photos from the first day's activities. I'm finally caught up on everything that fell by the wayside in preparing for the big event, and will get to put this puppy to rest on Monday when we have our post-event wrap up meeting. Below is a photo of me and my friend Jim McKee, inspecting the Federal artillery prior to Sunday's battle.

No comments: