Monday, April 28, 2008

Plymouth Report

As always, the annual Battle of Plymouth Living History Weekend was a fun time. Someone put it very well when they said that Plymouth is kind of a like a family reunion for the reenacting community in eastern NC. You always see lots of folks that you know and some that you haven't seen in a while. I always enjoy Plymouth because we get to work on the boats, something that we don't get to do often. I participated in two of the three battle scenarios on Saturday. We also took part in the torch light tours on Saturday night. I had a much easier part this year than I've had in the past. I was basically able to go to sleep beside a campfire and portray a sleeping soldier. How hard can that be!? The memorial service on Sunday morning was nice, and I decided to leave a bit early rather than stick around for the Sunday battle. I understand that was a good decision as the rain came in just about the time the battle began. At any rate, it was a fun event and we'll look forward to it again next year.

No comments: