Monday, May 21, 2007

Edenton - Part Two

Things went very well in Edenton on Saturday. It turns out that Civil War history does play in a colonial town. While we only saw about 200 visitors, they were all very interested and enthusiastic. Lots of folks were asking when we were going to do another program. We got some great questions; here's my favorite:

At the conclusion of a musket firing demonstration a high school student with an eco-tour group asked me "So is this your job, or just a hobby?" I smiled and said "Both." I love it!

3 comments:

mntineer said...

Great start to what's going to be a great blog. :-) Look forward to meeting you in the reeacting circles too.

Andrew Duppstadt said...

Thanks for the kind words. My colleague Chris Graham said he met you at the Fayetteville event last weekend, and I noticed that you featured that event and his unit on your blog. Look forward to seeing you on the field at some point.

mntineer said...

I enjoyed talking to Chris -- he's a great guy. He was very on the spot with his presentation at the Fayetteville event - I was impressed. Again, I hope to meet you sometime on the field.