Thursday, September 23, 2010

What's Happened the Past Five Weeks?

As I mentioned in the last post, not a whole lot. I did take a trip to Pennsylvania the second weekend in September to visit family and participate in the annual Mountain Craft Days festival at the Somerset Historical Center. As was the case two years ago, I was stationed at the maple sugar camp on Friday afternoon and all day Sunday talking to visitors about the process of making maple syrup and sugar. Somerset County is the largest maple product producer in the state of Pennsylvania and it's a big part of their heritage. Mountain Craft Days is always a lot of fun in general because there are good folks, talented artisans, good music, and great food.

Otherwise, there hasn't been much happening of any note other than the fact that I am now a contributor to the Civil War Navy Sesquicentennial blog. You can find the link in my blogroll on the right.

No comments: