Sunday, February 12, 2012

Rowdiness and Revolution are Calling

February has turned out to be a busy month for me. Last weekend, my shipmates and I participated in a War of 1812 living history program at Tryon Palace in New Bern, NC along with the gents of the 10th US and Wake Volunteer Guards. As far as standard living histories go it was a really good program and we saw about 1000 visitors. Here's a photo taken of me at the program; I'm really getting the grumpy old sailor look down, I think.

The rest of this month will consist of general rowdiness and revolution. On February 18, I will be participating in a program at Brunswick Town-Fort Anderson State Historic Site that focuses on the Stamp Act Crisis. We will be doing an evening torchlight program where we reenact, through scripted vignettes, the protests that took place in the Cape Fear region.

On February 25-26 I will be joining other members of the Craven Regiment of militia for the annual anniversary of the Battle of Moores Creek Bridge. This program is in sort of a transition period right now due to some changes being made by the park staff, but we are looking forward to helping make this a better program in years to come. This year will be a big test of how things are going to shape up.

I might as well get used to this kind of schedule because March is even more hectic.

No comments: