Wednesday, October 26, 2011

Lots of Colonial Stuff on the Horizon

For the next three weeks I'll be immersed (at least part of the time) in colonial North Carolina history. Three events in three weekends should prove to be interesting and fun.

October 28-29, I will be at Brunswick Town-Fort Anderson State Historic Site assisting with their Colonial Heritage Days. Friday I'll be doing maritime interpretation for fourth grade students and Saturday will be open to the public. I will likely put aside the maritime interpretation and fall in with the militia company.

November 5, I will be representing Historic Halifax at the Celebrate NC program at the North Carolina Museum of History in Raleigh. Me and my messmate Chris Grimes will be discussing the recruitment of Continental Line and militia units at Halifax during the American Revolution. Even better, our display will be set up at the entrance of the museum's "Call to Arms" military history exhibit. And what's even better still, is that right outside the entrance to that exhibit is a mannequin dressed in the uniform of the 6th NC Continental Line, recruited at Halifax. Should be a great venue for a display!

November 12, I wrap up my three week whirlwind tour of colonial North Carolina at Historic Bath. I will be working with the Craven Regiment militia and His Majesty's 64th Regt. of Foot to present a living history program titled "Bath in the American Revolution." It should prove to be a great ending to this run of colonial/Revolutionary programs.

I'll try to be better about posting event reports and photos as we go, instead of waiting a month to get caught up. Stay tuned!

No comments: