Thursday, August 11, 2011

The Moment of Truth/Jumping Feet First Back Into the Fray

This post really has two parts and both will take place tomorrow. First, as many of you know, I have been dealing with a quite significant ankle injury for the past three months. Tomorrow morning I have a doctor's appointment and he will hopefully tell me that I no longer need the walking boot, and will recommend any further action that needs to be taken. The ankle is doing well, but its nowhere near 100% yet and won't be for some time. However, I think it has healed enough that I should be able to get out of the walking boot. This would be a very good thing because.....

Part Two: I will be heading to Wilmington tomorrow to take part in a Civil War living history program at the Battleship USS North Carolina. The program won't be much different than what we did last year. We will be highlighting the history of the 1824 ship of the line USS North Carolina and the Confederate ironclad CSS North Carolina. This year we will be allowed to bunk on board the ship, in the Marine Compartment. We'll have a smaller group than last year, but we are looking forward to it. I'm just hoping that I'll be climbing those ladders on the ship in a regular shoe and not a walking boot.

For the remainder of August and through the middle of October, my schedule will be almost non-stop so I'll have plenty to write about. Stay tuned!

No comments: