Wednesday, July 20, 2011

Progress (in more ways than one)

Just a quick update on my ankle injury for those who may not have spoken with me lately. The walking boot has been a tremendous improvement over the cast. I have about three weeks left in the boot and should be back to normal then. I'm a bit concerned because I still have enough swelling that I can't put a shoe on, but we'll see what happens in the next few weeks. I have gotten to the point where I can walk short distances without the boot, and I made my first attempt at driving last night, which seemed to go pretty well at least for a short distance. My doctor's appointment is August 12 and my living history group has a program on August 13 (more on that later) so the timing is working out pretty well. Hopefully by the time the weather cools off and autumn arrives I'll be back at full speed. It will be nice to enjoy my favorite time of year without worrying about this stupid injury.

2 comments:

cg said...

Wish I had a sprained ankle this weekend to get me out of Manassas. How did you do this? Playing raquetball or something? Where's my racket?

Andrew Duppstadt said...

Why yes, cg, I did it playing racquetball (as you seem to already be aware). Even had I not dislocated my ankle I would not be going to Manassas anyway. Stay cool this weekend and have fun up there.