Friday, October 16, 2009

I've Been Busy Educating the Public!

I haven't been intentionally neglecting the blog, but I've been very busy and haven't been able to find the time for an update. I've also been waiting to receive some photos from some folks so I can prove I haven't been just goofing off.

October 3, I assisted Tryon Palace with their Home School Day program. Not nearly as many kids as I expected, but a good day nonetheless. We were talking about Governor Tryon's 1771 militia that marched to Alamance and put down the Regulators. I also received the new coat that Wade Rogers, a Tryon Palace employee, had made for me.
Photos of me in my new coat

October 6 and 8, I was helping Brunswick Town State Historic Site with their Colonial Heritage Days program for the county's school children. I assisted long-time interpreter Bert Felton with a brief program on sailor life and naval stores in the colonial period.Me and Bert teaching the students how to tie some basic knotsTalking with students about naval stores (you can't see it but I have a small pot of pine sap in my hand)

October 10, I assisted Fort Fisher with a living history program that focused mainly on the civilian aspects of the was in the Lower Cape Fear. However, my main duty was to interpret the site's rifled and banded 32-pounder during demonstrations. I don't have any photos from the Fort Fisher program (sorry).

This week I've spent most of my time in the office catching up on all my other work. Our historic artillery training and certification class is coming up November 1-4 at Fort Fisher and I am making all the final preparations. In the meantime, I'll try to keep up with the blog a little bit better than I have. Please accept my apologies and enjoy the photos!

No comments: