Sunday, July 5, 2009

Long Weekend

I hope everyone out there had a fabulous July 4th weekend! It turned out to be rather busy around here. On Friday, my brother and I continued working on a seemingly never ending project, cleaning out my dad's old shed so that we can demolish the addition he added onto it a few years ago and rebuild the old part of the shed, which is still in good shape. We've filled up a 30 cubic yard construction dumpster and then some with all of the crap that he hoarded over the years. I am making conscious efforts to NEVER collect as much stuff as he did. I realize I have a sizable library and music library, but those are much easier to deal with than a shed full of tools, construction supplies, old Marine Corps stuff, and various odds and ends.

On Saturday our crew descended on Fort Macon to provide cannon demonstrations for the public. We had more guys at this shoot than we've had all year, which is odd for a holiday. The visitors were out in force as well; the numbers of spectators at our demonstrations were the best we've had all season, and both parking lots at the park filled up by 10:15 a.m. Of course, this led to a lot of traffic issues and stupid/inconsiderate/angry people, but all in all it seemed to be a real good day. Due to scheduling conflicts, this was probably my last Fort Macon shoot for the year.

Today I took some time to catch up on a few things around the house, and get ready to head back to work tomorrow. I hope that you all had a great weekend, and that you will continue to have a safe and enjoyable summer. It will be over before we know it!

No comments: