Saturday, June 6, 2009

ALHFAM Update 1

Got here much faster this morning than I thought I would. No, I wasn't speeding either. From my house to Winston-Salem, with two stops, took about 3 hr. 45 min. Not too shabby. The hotel folks were nice enough to let me check in at 9 a.m. which I didn't expect. Went to a short tailoring workshop at the Single Brothers Workshop, which was led by Drew Neill. I know Drew because he is also a part-time interpreter with Fort Dobbs and is involved in our Historic Weapons program. Afterwards, I met a friend and her family for lunch and a stroll through the pet shop, as her girls tried, unsuccessfully, to talk their way into more pets. My roommate for the next three days just arrived from Canada, via Washington DC and Piedmont Triad International. He and I are going down to Old Salem this evening for the "First Timers" Reception and conference dinner. Should be fun, but I'll be anxious to get back to the room and catch Game 5 of the Pens-Wings series. More later!

No comments: