Friday, May 1, 2009

Two Days in Beaufort

Today and tomorrow I will be in Beaufort, helping out with the 35th Annual Wooden Boat Show at the NC Maritime Museum. Today I will be a slave to my wife, her coworker Michelle, and whoever else decides they need my help. This afternoon I will be working as a dockhand for the sailboats that are giving rides to the public, but this morning is anyone's guess. Tomorrow my mates from the Carolina Living History Guild will be joining me as we do a mixed Age of Sail/Civil War living history. Looks like we'll have about 10 guys out there this weekend and will be portraying Union Navy from the Civil War, War of 1812 privateer sailors, and we'll even be joined by two guys doing 10th US Infantry of 1812. Should be an enjoyable weekend, assuming the weather holds. If you're looking for something to do by yourself or with the family this weekend I would encourage you to come on down to Beaufort tomorrow and take it all in!

No comments: