Wednesday, May 20, 2009

My Deepest Apologies

I've been really slack about posting to the blog lately. Numerous reasons for this abound. I ended the spring semester (previously mentioned in an earlier post) and began summer session at the two colleges for which I teach US History survey courses. I've also been spending a lot more time on Facebook, messing around, taking stupid quizzes and friending people who I don't remember from high school just because they sent me a request. If you are on Facebook, look me up; be sure to tell me you read the blog, so I'll accept your friend request. Work has been rather busy of late, with a number of overlapping projects.

I've been working for my mom a little bit on the side. She is now retired and dad is in the nursing home, so my brother and I have been helping her clean out my dad's old shed behind the house. My dad has a serious hording problem, so that has been an absolutely monumental challenge that I'm not sure I was prepared for. Finally, our spring softball season has finally started (albeit three weeks later than usual) and I am experiencing the annual getting back into playing shape aches, pains, and general discomfort. That being said, I played very well in our first game; our second game may be in question since I still can't walk very fluidly.

The Memorial Day weekend is upon us and on Saturday I will be at Fort Macon State Park in Atlantic Beach, doing cannon demonstrations. If you are heading to the beach for the weekend come on down and see us. Then on Monday I'll be helping out with a special program at my wife's place of employment, the NC Maritime Museum in Beaufort. So it'll be a busy weekend, but hopefully I can find some time to catch up on the blog.

No comments: