Thursday, January 29, 2009

Nothing New

That's correct; there is literally nothing much new to report, which is why I've neglected the blog for over a week. Also on the topic of nothing new, I just finished reading Jack Larkin's The Reshaping of Everyday Life, 1790-1840. It was very well done, but certainly nothing I didn't already know. But, from time to time, its good to brush up on areas of history that we study very little. So I'm on to something new (literally). I just received this book last week from History Book Club. It is shorter than I realized, so should be a quick read. I'll be reading The Scratch of a Pen: 1763 and the Transformation of North America by Colin G. Calloway. I haven't read anything on the French & Indian War, as we call it, in quite a while and this promises to be something more than simple military history. Once I finish this, I will probably return to my usual fare of Civil War and American Revolution oriented studies.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Calloway's book is fantastic, good choice.