Wednesday, December 31, 2008

Blog Maintenance for the New Year

With the coming of the New Year, I decided to do a little blog maintenance. I realized that my blogroll was becoming rather large and unfocused. Any of you that know me personally know how I like order, so this situation just would not do. To that end I have made a few changes. First, I moved my list of sports blogs down to the bottom of the page. They are not a major focus of this blog, but rather sites I like to visit from time to time that deal with my favorite Pittsburgh sports teams. Also, in order to clean up the blogroll a bit I created (just above the sports blog list) a new list called Friend Blogs. This list contains blogs that are written by friends and acquaintances, but that really have little to do with the main focus of my blog, which is of course history. I didn't want to delete them, but felt they should be reorganized. Finally, I have dropped two blogs from my list (Civil War Bookshelf and Public Historian). It was nothing personal against these two bloggers; I just find that I never look at their blogs. For whatever reason, I don't find them useful and decided they could go. I hope you find this new system to be to your liking, and appreciate the order as much as I do.

BTW, there are several theories that exist among my friends about where this passion for order comes from. Some say it is my German ancestry, others might say it is my Calvinist religious background. But I guess that's a topic for another post (or ten). Happy New Year everyone!

No comments: