Thursday, October 30, 2008

Updates

It doesn't seem like a week has passed since my last post. We had a great time at the New Bern Ghost Walk last weekend. Though our skit got a bit tedious when the groups were bunched closely together, we got through it and it was very enjoyable. We also enjoyed some time for fellowship amongst the crew members who attended, which is always nice.

I received a little unexpected gift in the mail today - a complementary copy of the new Dram Tree Books title Potter's Raid: The Union Cavalry's Boldest Expedition in Eastern North Carolina by David A. Norris. Thanks to the author and publisher, Jack Fryar for that copy!

I have also been asked to write another review for the Nautical Research Journal on the new biography of Gustavas Vasa Fox by Ari Hoogenboom. Also, in case I didn't mention it, I am awaiting the receipt of Hugh Rankin's The North Carolina Continentals to review for another journal.

It looks like I have a lot of reading to do between now and year's end. The week of Thanksgiving and the two weeks surrounding Christmas and New Year's will probably find me holed up in my library at the house, listening to music, enjoying my coffee, smoking my pipe, and doing lots of reading. Sounds like some perfect winter days ahead!

No comments: