Thursday, October 9, 2008

Two New Blogs on the Blogroll

I wanted to say a bit about two blogs I added to the list this afternoon. World Changing 101 is a blog by David Lamotte and Christine Kane's blog is linked from her website. David and Christine are both very talented musicians/singer-songwriters. I first became familiar with both of them in the summers of 1994 and 1995 when I worked at Montreat Conference Center, near Asheville, NC. I suppose both would be considered folk artists, though their talents run much deeper. Though I've never met Christine personally, I have seen her perform. Luckily, I was able to get to know David a bit better, have seen him perform many times, and have many friends and acquaintances in common with him. I realize their blogs are outside of my normal realm of history and sports related stuff, but I think they are worthy for the blogroll nonetheless. I have every CD David has recorded, but I need to catch up with Christine as I've not picked up her last three or four. Their music is great and all of their songs have meaning. It certainly isn't your normal radio air play stuff, but it's well worth a listen.

1 comment:

Jessica said...

I have a Christine Kane cd! Good stuff.