Tuesday, September 9, 2008

Quick Trip Update

Apologies for not posting in the past few days, but I've been without Internet access since Friday night. The second and third days of Mountain Craft Days went well, and I'll have more on that later. Yesterday I visited Allegheny Portage Railroad National Historic Site and got to spend a little time with my friends Greg and Rachel. I proceeded on to Pittsburgh and spent the night with my cousin Nicole, who is a grad student in the literature department at Duquesne. Figured I'd post this little update this morning before hitting the road to Rochester. The AASLH Annual Meeting starts today with workshops and tours, then the panel sessions and regular programming start tomorrow morning. I've got about a four hour ride ahead of me today, but it's uncharted territory so I'm looking forward to seeing some new places! I'll post more info on my travels and photos later tonight or tomorrow.

No comments: