Thursday, July 17, 2008

Book Update

I finally put down Richard Reid's Freedom for Themselves. I read all but the final chapter, skipping over it to get to the conclusion. I had a brief discussion about this book with a colleague of mine just last week. He too was reading the book and struggling a bit to get through it for the same reasons I was. There's a lot of information in the book and it just gets to be dense at times. I would recommend anyone read the book if they are interested in the subject matter, but be warned before you start - it will probably take awhile to finish it.

I'm not too concerned with getting back to the previously mentioned Gordon Wood compilation I've been reading. Since it is a collection of individual essays, I feel like I can read one when I want to and not be rushed to get back to the book for fear of losing a storyline. I've also picked up a few other books I'd like to read, so I'll do a little intermingling of texts for awhile until I get through it all. It will take some time due to all the stuff that's going on right now, which I'll talk more about later.

No comments: