Friday, March 7, 2008

Well, I'm Here

The drive to Annapolis was not as long as I thought it would be and rather uneventful as well. It has been raining all day and it got worse once I arrived here. Mr. Jay Moore, one of my hosts picked me up at the hotel and drove me to Baltimore because I mentioned that I planned to go to Fort McHenry. It was very nice of him to take me over there, but it poured the whole time we were there and we got pretty wet. I should have also consulted the website a bit closer prior to going because I was unaware of the $7.00 fee charged by the park to see the fort. It's a nice display, but maybe not worth $7.00, especially not on a miserable day like today. Still, I'm glad I got to see it, and will return on a nicer day sometime.

After seeing the fort we returned to Annapolis and Mr. Moore gave me a tour around the historic district, which is just awesome. I'm hoping the weather will be better than forecast tomorrow so I can enjoy spending time here. There are so many shops, coffee houses, restaurants, etc. I don't know how I'll see it all. We had dinner at a very nice Irish pub and returned to the hotel. I am staying at the Courtyard by Marriott (I've never stayed at one before, which is weird considering how much I stay in hotels). Its a very nice hotel, but the one major drawback in my opinion is that there is no Internet access in the rooms, only the lobby. In this day and time there's no reason hotels shouldn't have Internet access available in every room. Otherwise, its very nice and comfortable. More tomorrow or Sunday.

No comments: