Thursday, March 6, 2008

Another Road Trip

Tomorrow I am back out on the open highway. I'm headed to Annapolis, Maryland to give a presentation at the 12th Annual Confederate Navy/Marine Corps Day on Saturday afternoon. The event will be held in the parish hall at St. Anne's Episcopal Church, after a wreath laying ceremony at the graves of Commander James I. Waddell (NC native and commander of the CSS Shenandoah) and Lieutenant Thomas St. George Pratt, CSMC (wounded at Fort Fisher). They asked me to speak on any topic of my choosing related to the Confederate naval services. My presentation will focus on the Confederate Navy and Marine Corps in North Carolina and how they are currently interpreted at the state's historic sites. I think it will be a good talk. I'll also being seeing some sites/museums during my trip, so I'll have plenty to blog about.

No comments: