Saturday, February 23, 2008

Home!

I have returned safe and sound from Alabama. I had a great time the two weeks I was there, but I was certainly ready to come home. For our live fire exercise on Thursday it was raining and in the 30s. So we shot muskets and cannons from 9 a.m to 2 p.m. in the cold rain. Not fun. By the time we got back from the range it looked as if I had jumped in a swimming pool with my uniform on. The upside of Thursday was the end of class banquet, which was very fun. A photo from the banquet follows. All in all, it was a very good experience, I learned a lot, and I made some great contacts within the National Park Service. As I said to some of my classmates, its like summer camp for adults. You go, you make a few friends, you have fun, then about the time you start getting sick of each other its time to go home and you hope to keep in touch with one another until next time.
Our gun crew minus two members.
Me and my sailor friend John at the range (on the good day).

No comments: