Wednesday, December 5, 2007

Busy Week

I've been meaning to post something all week and the time has just slipped away from me. In my first stint at Tryon Palace for the holiday Civil War interpretation I realized that some of their interpreters really do need training (something their supervisor and I had already discussed earlier in the week). While the research they base their interpretation on is impressive and gives them a wonderful story to tell, the delivery on the part of the interpreters is lacking in a lot of ways. Hopefully over the next few weeks I'll be able to help them hone their skills to make the presentation more convincing and vibrant.

I've been working on the January edition of the NC Civil War Tourism Council newsletter. I've been editing this newsletter for almost four years now and I enjoy it. If you go to the website you'll find the newsletters archived under the "About" tab. I hope to have the January 2008 edition up in the next week or two.

Finally, today I visited Historic Bath, one of only three sites I have not visited. It's the oldest town in North Carolina and I thoroughly enjoyed my visit. I'll be sure to go back often, both in a professional capacity and as a visitor. Only two sites left and I've visited all 27 at least once!

Hopefully tomorrow will bring a new ship to the header. Be on the lookout for more Tryon Palace information and a report on the Christmas program at Historic Halifax coming up this weekend.

No comments: