Monday, November 26, 2007

Sad Day for Heavy Metal Fans

OK, I'll admit up front that this post is WAY OFF TOPIC for this blog, but allow me the personal splurge here. The story hit the Internet today that lead singer of the heavy metal band Quiet Riot was found dead in his Las Vegas home yesterday. This is a sad moment in my long appreciation of rock music. I grew up on, and still love, 1980s heavy metal bands. Metal Health was one of my very first cassette tapes as a kid. My uncle played in a local lounge band and met the members of Quiet Riot in the Ramada Inn bar in Johnstown, PA after they had played a show at the War Memorial Arena. He got their autographs for me, even though he didn't consider them real musicians. I've long since misplaced the autographs, but I still love the music. My wife thinks I'm a dork, my stepdaughter is sort of hip to it, but I still love it and listen to it all the time. So, I'll be mourning Kevin DuBrow's passing at age 52 from as yet unknown causes.

UPDATE (12/11/07) - Cause of death. This isn't surprising of course, but I've always wondered how you "accidentally" overdose.

No comments: