Wednesday, September 5, 2007

Atlanta - Day One

So here I am, having arrived safe and sound. The trip was fairly easy and we found the hotel without a hitch. We are staying in the Omni at CNN Center which is the conference hotel. This is easily the nicest hotel in which I've ever stayed and its so big you could easily get lost. For our part, the conference kicks off tomorrow, though there were some workshops today. I start the conference with the Educators and Interpreters Breakfast. Our panel presentation is tomorrow afternoon.

I had dinner at an absolutely fabulous restaurant this evening. It is called Luckie. The atmosphere was very trendy, the staff were all very friendly, and the food was great. I would definitely recommend this place to anyone visiting Atlanta. The desserts were especially to die for, and I'd recommend the Triple Chocolate Pyramid. I'm willing to go out on a limb and say its the richest thing I've ever put in my mouth.

So things have started out well and I expect them to continue that way for the rest of the week. I'll keep posting as the best is yet to come!

No comments: