Friday, June 15, 2007

Back on Flat Land Again

Well, the mountains are behind me, literally. I left Asheville shortly after 6:00 this morning, arriving back in Kinston a little after 12:30. I had a great time over the past few days and saw some areas of the mountains I had never seen, thanks to David Tate, site manager at Vance Birthplace. We spent Thursday morning scoping out a shooting range, lunch locations, and a hotel for a black powder safety course that I am putting on next June. I think we laid a solid foundation for that three-day event, as everything seemed to fall right into place. Last night I caught the first four innings of the Asheville Tourists/Hickory Crawdads baseball game. The rain chased me off after that; I figured if they wanted to play in the rain that was fine, but it didn't mean I had to get drenched too, so I left early and went back to the hotel, knowing that I was leaving early and should probably get some sleep. All in all it was a relaxing yet productive trip. Now for the weekend (and whatever it may hold).

No comments: