Tuesday, June 26, 2007

Back from the 'Burgh

Well, I'm back from my hiatus in posting. I have been in Pennsylvania since Thursday visiting relatives. My parents are both natives of Somerset County, PA (Shanksville, to be precise). It was thanks to the US Marine Corps that I was born in North Carolina. Anyway, most of my extended family still lives in PA so we go up to visit on occasion.

I have cousins that now live in Pittsburgh (Shanksville and Somerset County aren't very exciting for many young, single adults unfortunately) so when I go up to visit, I am afforded an opportunity to visit that fabulous city. My cousin Nicole is working toward a Master's degree in 19th century American literature at Duquesne, while her brother Ryan is a sophomore at tiny Carlowe College (Nicole's alma mater coincidentally). I had a lot of fun in the 'Burgh and I am of course a huge Pittsburgh sports fan, so I was in hog heaven. I managed to see two very awesome historic sites/museums on my trip and more description and photos will follow later. For now, I will leave you with a photo of me on the hills of the Mount Washington neighborhood with the city of Pittsburgh in the background, and a photo of me and the two aforementioned cousins.


Pittsburgh is beautiful at night


Ryan, Nicole, and yours truly (Three Cousins)

No comments: